National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam is a keyword that any foreign visitor is looking for when coming to Nha Trang, Viet Nam. This is a famous oceanographic institute with thousands of fish species in the ocean. Along with that are hundreds of rare specimens being saved at this museum. This is a place to visit, research and study, discover for tourists and students, researchers … Let’s explore this place right below the article.
1. How to get Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute (National Oceanographic Museum)
National Oceanographic Museum (Oceanographic Institute) is located at 1 Cau Da, about 5 km from Nha Trang city center. Along Tran Phu beach, going to the south by taxi or motorbike you will come here easily. Going by motorbike to admire Tran Phu Street – The Golden Road. Riding along this road to enjoy the freshest air is always the choice of many people.
2. Discover more than 2 thousands of interesting ocean creatures
Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography is open to tourists from 1922 until now. Currently this is still the most attractive tourist destination with more than 20,000 living specimens. It looks like a miniature ocean, a vivid picture of living creatures in the ocean. Coming to the National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam, you see by yourself many marine creatures such as coral reef, sharks, turtles, scorpion fish, anemones, puffer fish and lion fish,…
From marine algae (algae, blue-green algae, red algae, diatoms …) to seaweed and higher plants to organisms, sinuses, seaweeds, corals, etc., there are many things. Crustaceans like prawn, lobster, Quan Cong crab and Huynh De crab also have 1,600 species. Explore the oceanographic museum today not to miss the chance to discover life under the ocean.
Khanh Hoa’s sea area is juxtaposition of two hot and cold ocean currents, so sea creatures gather here to live quite a lot. Fishes of all colors, shape sizes and especially diverse coral reefs are plentiful. Discovering the Oceanographic Museum is like you’re swimming in the seabed. Besides living creatures, there are also valuable fossil specimens that are of interest to many researchers and visitors.
3. Visit rare fossils at the National Oceanographic Museum Nha Trang
One of the rare masterpieces and fossils preserved here is the skeleton of a humpback whale. This fossil is almost completely unearthed without missing a part in Ha Nam province in 1994. The second specimen is the skeleton of a Dugong fish, also known as the sea cow. This rare fossil was unearthed in Con Dao in 1997. The third specimen is the crutches weighing nearly 1 ton, 5cm wide, and 3.5m long.
4. Ticket fares of visiting National Oceanographic for visitors
Ticket fares of visiting Hai Duong Hoc Institute are quite cheap, ranging from 10,000 VND to 40,000 VND, it depends on the classification of guests. Specifically:
- Sightseeing tickets for adults: 40,000 VND / person
- Sightseeing tour for students: 20,000 VND / person
- Entrance tickets for students: 10,000 VND / person
The Oceanography Institute opens every weekday at 6:00 am to 18:00 pm. In addition to visiting rare archaeological objects, you also admire a variety of marine creatures from species with large numbers to endangered species. Institute of Oceanography is a miniature oceanic ocean world that you should not ignore when travelling to Nha Trang.
5. Experience in exploring Institute of Oceanography
Discovering nature and the undersea wonders with many different shapes will bring you new insights. This is one of the most popular attractions. Only need to search National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam or Ocean Institute, you will find out a lot of articles about this field and many discovering experiences here. However, according to experience that has explored oceanographic institute we recommend you the following issues:
- You should go from early to fully explore the Oceanography Institute. It is quite wide with many different areas of discovery. If you “just go and run”, you’ll regret forgetting many things.
- It should not be planned to go to Vinpearl land Nha Trang when exploring the oceanographic institute because you will be uncomfortable and unable to fully explore both locations on the same day.
- Some souvenirs are only available at the new oceanographic institute, so don’t ignore this chance.
Wish you have the most exciting time at the National Oceanographic Museum Of Vietnam .
Wish you and your family a happy journey and many memorable experiences in Nha Trang.
Kha Tran Car Rental
Nha Trang Car Rental is willing to advise on Nha Trang travel itinerary, quote for the rental car service and accompany you on all the paths!